Re: Suggestion for new link pseudo-class :current (or similar

From: Grey Hodge <grey@thecloudygroup.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:20:24 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

On 7/31/2007 4:05 PM David Woolley cranked up the brainbox and said:
> leslie.brown@evidian.com wrote:
>>
>> People who wanted to use it would clean up their links so it worked
>> reliably all the time, because it's just too useful.
>
> That would break the cachability of sites using content negotiation well.

How would anything people do regarding their site's organizational structure
affect cacheability in any way? I can't see any manner in which this would be
an issue. Yes it would break existing cached copies, but so does any update of
a page currently.

--
Grey Hodge
 email [ grey @ thecloudygroup.com ]