Re: [Bulk] Suggestion for new link pseudo-class :current (or similar

~:'' ありがとうございました。 wrote:

> "pseudo-class that refers only to URLs that match the currently loaded
> page"
>
> however if this is the nub, accessibility may suggest that the current
> page should not have links to itself.
> check WCAG

What the proposal is trying to achieve is as close to this as the CSS
model allows, but *without* having to physically remove the href
attribute from the a element.  I.e. he's trying to style the links so
that the user won't try to follow them.  Actually disabling the link,
without making it invisible, would be considered behavioural.

The key is that it is about using the same navigation bar code on every
page, without physically modifying it to suppress own page links.

By comparsion, Wikimedia styles self links bold black and disables the
link, but it is only using HTML as a presentational final form language.
--
David Woolley