Fwd: Select a parrent node with s CSS selector?

From: Ilia Goranov <css-babailiica@babailiica.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:14:48 +0300
To: www-style@w3.org
OK, I`m not about the complexity, but instead using parent selector now I`m
using JavaScript for such cases. Any JavaScript algorithm can`t be faster
than any hard implementation, just because JS is scripting language.

So the complexity is not an excuse for me.

There are even more unsolved problems around the parent selector: if I need
a > and < selecotrs at the same position. For example: body><p or body<>p?
Also the priority of selectors is not clear!