RE: CSS Generated content selection

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:06:52 +0100
To: <www-style@w3.org>

> Daniel Glazman

> Reading this whole thread, I wonder if we don't need a property
> 'content-policy' controlling if generated content on a given
> element is selected and copied or not to the clipboard.

I wouldn't say it's "policy" (i.e. why should an author mandate what a user can or can't copy), but rather content type/disposition or similar. The difference in nomenclature might be subtle, but the former would seem to imply a mandate from the author about what can be done with the content, whereas the second is more along the lines of a qualifier/descriptor of the generated content, and still leaves it up to user agents to decide how to handle it.

________________________________
Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor
External Relations Division