Re: CSS Generated content selection

Spartanicus wrote:

> Given the points you pointed out that might be the best practical choice
> given that I cannot construct a use case where <q> markup serves a
> practical purpose. A quick test with 2 AT UAs suggests that
> Window Eyes + IE6 or FF2 ignores <q> markup and also quotes that are
> part of the content proper,

You need to do much more careful testing:

http://www.benjaminhawkeslewis.com/www/accessibility/q-element/q-and-screen-readers

JAWS is somewhat exceptional in its non-support for Q. But given that
many users browse with punctuation mimimized, JAWS's support for
ordinary punctuation may be less important than this might imply.

Another practical purpose is following quotations to their sources:

http://www.benjaminhawkeslewis.com/www/hypertextuality/

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis