Re: Select a parrent node with s CSS selector?

From: Daniel Beardsmore <public@telcontar.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 01:32:52 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

I've come close to asking for this a few times, and I've definitely wanted it at
times. What I've tended to find is that there are always other ways to do what
I'm after that already exist in CSS.

I'm curious thus to know precisely *why* a parent node selector is so important?
What would it solve that cannot be solved with existing CSS2 or CSS3 selectors?