Re: CSS Generated content selection

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:26:56 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

On Sunday 22 April 2007 10:20, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> > Which browser's behavior is correct? Firefox or Opera's? What is clear is
> > that for the case of using (or copy-and-pasting of content from) Web
> > documents, Opera browser does the right job.
> > I would like to know if the CSS specifications say something about this.
> It's not clear at all what is "the right job" here. It depends on the
> purposes of the user and the context.
I believe it should always be selectable and copyable.

The issue is the same with the old text-transform property. When selecting and
copying a text that has been altered by text-transform; do you get the
untransformed or the transformed text?
Without testing I am guessing all browsers return the transformed text.
In the same manor text that has been altered by adding generated content,
should also return the CSS altered version.