Re: [CSS21] Make XHTML <body> magic just like HTML <body>

Simon Pieters wrote:

>> Special casing the body in HTML is a legacy feature and inconsistent
>> with everything else. Since XHTML is served with a different content
>> type, its the ideal time to eliminate the inconsistency.

> I don't particularly like it either, but we're stuck with it for HTML.
> Having differences between HTML and XHTML is confusing for authors.

So is having differences between (X)HTML and other XML dialects. While
the former might cause people more problems in the short term, is there
likely to be a better time to eliminate the inconsistency (and solve the
problem in the long term)?

--
David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>