Re: Generated content via URI

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:58:57 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: spartanicus.3@ntlworld.ie

The CSS WG agreed with my reply[2] to Spartanicus's comment[1] about
ignoring vs flagging an image that fails to download. Thus, the CSS
level 2 spec is unchanged and still allows the UA to decide whether to
ignore or flag the missing image (but we expect an enhancement to the
'content' property in CSS3 that lets the author decide).

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Dec/0086.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Feb/0105.html

Spartanicus, should we note in the forthcoming "Disposition of comments"
that you disagree with this resolution, based on [3]? Or can you in
fact accept it?

[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Feb/0108.html

(For reference, this is issue 12 in the forthcoming "Disposition of
Comments.")

For the CSS WG,

Bert