Re: [css3-multicol] should 'column-count' accept negative values?

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:58:28 +0200
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Also sprach L. David Baron:

 > The current definition of 'column-count' [1] describes a property
 > that accepts any <integer> values.  Since negative values (and
 > zero?) aren't meaningful, I think the property should be revised so
 > that they are syntax errors that cause the declaration to be
 > dropped.

I agree that negative valued don't make sense. The same can be said
for widows and orphans, but we don't disallow negative values for

Perhaps we should. For other properties, we say (in prose) that
"negative values are not allowed":

Do you propose to address this the same way? That is, by adding prose?