Re: [css3-selectors] :parent selector

Le Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:19:05 +0300, David Woolley
<david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> a écrit:

>> > UIs are by default "heavily styled", but they are much smaller in
>> size,
>> > causing a much smaller performance hit with parent selectors. An UI is
>> > no longer the same UI without CSS.
>>
>> Something is wrong here, given that CSS is supposed to be optional.
>
> My thought too, although it wouldn't surprise me if it were true in
> many real life cases.

It is true in real life cases.

Try Gmail, or the new Yahoo Mail without CSS. They are unusable without
CSS. The list of such sites can go on. Basically, all those "web 2.0
applications" rely on CSS support.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future