Re: [css3-selectors] :parent selector

Le Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:25:50 +0300, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> a
écrit:

> Mihai Sucan wrote:
>> Is such a big document heavily styled? Most likely not.
>
> I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here.  Why does it matter
> whether most large documents are "heavily styled" (whatever that means)?

Well, it matters, since you said I didn't consider the fact an element can
have an infinite number of childs, thus causing a huge performance hit
with a parent selector.

"Heavily styled" as in, do they rely on styling to present their
documents? AFAIK the MySQL manual is almost the same with or without
styling - thus the document styling is irrelevant (optional).

UIs are by default "heavily styled", but they are much smaller in size,
causing a much smaller performance hit with parent selectors. An UI is no
longer the same UI without CSS.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future