Re: [css3-namespace] Conformance with CSS forward compatible parsing rules

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:47:26 +1200
To: karl@w3.org
CC: www-style@w3.org

karl@w3.org wrote:
> Hi, This is a QA Review comment for "CSS Module: Namespaces"
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-namespace-20060828/ 2006-08-28 2nd WD
>
> About http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-namespace-20060828/#intro
>
> [[[ It should be noted that a CSS client that does not support this module
> will (if it properly conforms to CSS forward compatible parsing rules) ignore
> all @namespace rules, as well as all style rules that make use of namespace
> qualified names. The syntax of delimiting namespace prefixes in CSS was
> deliberately chosen so that these CSS clients would ignore the style rules
> rather than possibly match them incorrectly. ]]]
>
> If this information is important for this module, it doesn't belong to the
> introduction at all but to the Conformance section.

This information is just a note. It explains the choice of syntax in this
module and points out a consequence of that syntax when implemented as part
of CSS. That's all. I've left it therefore in the Introduction (which is
explicitly non-normative), but I changed the first part of the paragraph to
read
   "Note that a CSS client that does not support this module will..."
Perhaps that makes it a bit clearer that it's just a note.

> No link is given to these "CSS forward compatible parsing rules" nor there
> are explained in the document.

Fixed. I've added a link to CSS2.1's Syntax chapter, which describes
the "forward-compatible parsing rules".

Let me know if this addresses your comment.

~fantasai