Re: [css3-namespace] XML Core WG's review

Anne van Kesteren a écrit:
 > On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 22:17:12 +0200, Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
 > wrote:
 > > 2) Since this module is about namespaces, we believe it should make
 > > a normative, rather than an informative, reference to Namespaces 1.0
 > > and Namespaces 1.1...
 >
 > How does that cover the theoretical Namespaces 2.0, Namespaces for
 > HTML and Namespaces for Tree-based-language Triple-X?

It doesn't.  If the Namespaces module wants to do that, it needs to
define its own terms, not lamely say "The terminology used in this
specification is that of [XML-NAMES11]." and then pretend the reference
is not normative.  There needs to be a normative definition of what
you're talking about somewhere.

BTW the terminology is *not* used as in [XML-NAMES11] (but should be,
IMHO).  For example, first sentence of Section 3: "The @namespace
at-rule declares a namespace prefix and associates it with a given
namespace (a string)."  A namespace is not a string; it is identified by
a string, which [XML-NAMES11] calls the namespace name.  There's another
  case not far below: "it is the expanded name  (the tuple of local name
and namespace) that is significant."  [XML-NAMES11] says: "[Definition:
An expanded name is a pair consisting of a namespace name and a local
name. ]"

Regards,

--
François Yergeau