CSS technical-report announcements

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:34:18 -0400
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
CC: W3C CSS specification-development discussion <www-style@w3.org>

Dear Bert,

As I read your announcement of the CSS3 Namespaces draft of 2006-08-28,
two suggestions came to my mind regarding announcements of technical
reports from the CSS Working Group.

Please refer to the mailing list www-style explicitly, rather than
writing, for example, “this list”. The announcement may find its way to
various lists, and the CSS WG would do well to avoid confusion over the
appropriate forum.

Please add to each announcement a URI as a starting point for comments,
including a subject stub.

For example, an announcement for a CSS3 module, “Foo”, might contain the
following.

“Comments on the draft are welcome on the www-style mailing list
(<http://www.w3.org/Mail/Lists.html#www-style>, with subscription
recommended). Please, prefix the subject line with "[css3-foo]", so the
editor can more easily find the comments, as in
<mailto:www-style@w3.org?subject=%5Bcss3-foo%5D>.”

--
Etan Wexler.