Re: [css3-page] 'fit' property (was: Re: [css3-page] New WD for CSS paged Media)

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 03:21:40PM +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:48:44 +0200, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:
> >We are not completely happy with the keywords of the 'fit' property.
> >There is a chance that we change them still...
>
> The names or their definition? If the latter, why did the Working Group
> decide to go to Last Call?

The names. E.g., 'slice' suggests that the image is clipped, but in
fact it will overflow by default. (The 'overflow' property determines
clipping.) A name like 'cover' (as in "cover the whole box") might be
clearer. But we are still thinking about it.

In SMIL, where these keywords are taken from, 'overflow' and 'fit' are
combined into one atribute and an image that overflows its box is
impossible. Therefore it might be better to use a name that is
different from SMIL's name and that describes the effect more clearly.

Bert