Re: Mixing percentage height and min-height

On Friday 13 October 2006 16:06, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> What if I have:
>
>   .parent { height: 20px; min-height: 100px; }
>   .child { height: 50% }
>
> and the same markup?  Should the child end up 10px tall?  Or 50px tall?  Or
> 0px tall?  Note that in this case the parent's height in fact does not
> depend on the children, so I would think that it should be either 10px or
> 50px.  But I'm not sure which one of those it should be...

I think one of the of the most logical effects on .child should be: { height:
10px; min-height: 50px }
In other words that height percentages of min-height defines min-height.

The problem with that we can end up with two min-heights, but it can be dealt
with. Either by letting it only happen when explicit min-height is default or
let it combine with explicit min-height (largest wins).

`Allan