Re: CSS module for 'binding' property and ':bound-element'

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:54:08 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, www-style@w3.org

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 01:05:02 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> I wrote up a draft for a module that would define the 'binding' and
> ':bound-element' properties:
>
>    http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/xbl2/css-module.html

It should be clarified what happens when a URI can't be resolved, isn't
available, isn't a supported binding language, etc. Either this draft
should define what happens or it should require specifications using this
draft to define the particular processing model.

Also, what would happen if two binding languages are supported? It assumes
implicit inheritance but the two binding languages might not be compatible
with each other...

Furthermore, I think the specification should explicitly note the circular
reference between 'binding' and :bound-element just as it's done in the
XBL specification. http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xbl-20060907/ section 5.10.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>