[css3-page] fit:hidden

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:41:50 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
What is the use case for the 'hidden' value of the 'fit' property in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-page-20061010/#the-fit ?  It
doesn't particularly seem to fit with the other values.  In
particular, I'm worried that its main use case is something that
should be in the content rather than the presentation -- using the
property to designate (along with 'fit-position') a particular
region of the image to be used rather than the entire image.

I suggest this value be dropped.

But I'd like to see a mechanism for specifying image slices added to
the content, background-image, and list-style-image properties.

-David