Re: [css3-namespace] XML Core WG's review

Grosso, Paul wrote:

> This is the XML Core WG's review of the 2006-08-28 draft of the
> CSS Namespaces module.
>
> 1) At the point in 3.3 where namespace prefixes are said to be
> case-insensitive, we'd like it pointed out (a) why this is so and (b)
> that even though XML documents have case-sensitive prefixes, there
> is no conflict, because the prefixes in the CSS need not be identical
> with those in the XML.

Prefixes are case-insensitive because CSS is case-insensitive. The only
parts of a style sheet that are case sensitive are the parts that involve
string matching against something outside of CSS (e.g. URLs, XML element
names).

I've added a note after the case-insensitivity statement:

  # Note, this does not cause any conflict with languages that use case-sensitive
  # prefixes because _only the expanded name matters_, not the prefix, and
  # therefore the prefixes need not be identical for the names to match.

where the link goes to the last paragraph of
   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-namespace/#declaration

> (We realize you make this point later.)

s/later/earlier/

Let me know if this addresses your comment.

~fantasai