[CSS21] new WD and last call

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:33:54 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

The CSS WG published a new draft of the revised CSS level 2:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-CSS21-20061106

Let's hope that this is indeed the last time we call for comments and
that the next publication will be a "call for implementations" (in
other words: a Candidate Recommendation).

The draft of last April already incorporated many of the corrections
that resulted from comments on last year's draft. Since then, we
handled the remaining comments and a few new issues.

I don't think the draft is perfect or ever will be, but we did do our
best to analyze all the known issues in detail.

As a result, writing the new draft has taken quite a bit of time, and
you have probably all forgotten what your favorite issues were :-) But
we haven't: I've put a copy of the issues list online. In principle, it
contains everything that we discussed and changed since last year's
draft and why:

    http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/issues-3-20061106.txt

The deadline for comments on this draft is December 7. If you find any
errors, please send them to this mailing list, <www-style@w3.org>, and
please include [CSS21] in the subject line (as I did on this message).

Bert