Re: [CSS21] Computing widths of block reflow context roots in the presence of floats

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 23:06:12 -0600
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> Boris, I suspect that you are using not up to date document.
> The one which is published currently stays:
>
> "(although a box's *line boxes* may shrink due to the floats),"

The part I was quoting is in the next clause.  The full sentence is:

   This is true even in the presence of floats (although a box's
   line boxes may shrink due to the floats), unless the box
   establishes a new block formatting context (in which case the
   box itself may become narrower due to the floats).

In my case, the box has overflow:hidden, so establishes a new block formatting
context.

-Boris