[CSS3 Background] background-clip and background-origin

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 08:34:47 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
CC: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>

I propose combining background-clip and background-origin into one
property. I don't think they need to cascade independently. So maybe

   background-box: [ border | padding ] [ border | padding | content]?
   initial: border padding

   1st value represents clip
   2nd value represents origin
   a single value represents both clip and origin

 > Is it useful to allow separate clip values for each image, or is one
 > value for the whole background enough?

I think one value for the whole background is enough. If there's a
demand for it later, we can expand the value then.

~fantasai