Re: [CSS3] transition effects

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 21:56:09 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> I do by no means propose for this to replace SMIL, in the contrary I=20

Careful!  This is how standards die!  If SMIL is too complex, and overlapping
capability is being put into other standards, SMIL is dying, but you also
need to ask whether you are hastening the death of CSS.  Each additional
load of functionality added hastens the day when someone implements and
simple style language, no more powerful than early CSS1 implementations,
and that then becomes the fashionable technology.