Re: [CSS3] transition effects

Martijn schreef:

> I like the idea. Not sure whether the properties are all a good idea
> (especially I have a problem with animate-motion ), but I haven't
> really thought about it.
> I would also like to have a delay option, something like
> animate-delay: 2s;

On one hand, yes I suppose that’s a nice idea as well, on the other
hand, would it really be useful to have the ability to delay an
animation, and wouldn’t it be something for a different language (e.g.
SMIL)?

Animate-motion is useful for various different effects, if everything
animates linearly it’s a bit boring :). Motion may not be the correct
term, maybe scale is better.

>> From your example, it is not clear when the animation should begin.
> I believe you want it to begin when you hover over a link. I think you
> would also need to have a animate-state: hover; property or something
> like that (or put the animation properties in the :hover state).

The idea is that the properties are evaluated like regular CSS
properties, and when the properties that are currently set in
animate-properties change because different styling is applied (e.g. due
to :hover or a different class set by script), the CSS will animate them
to their final position instead of change them directly.

These properties can then change on :hover, but of course the animation
properties themselves can also be changed to achieve different effects
when one hovers and ‘un-hovers’.

~Grauw