Re: [CSS3] transition effects -why not use proper scripting backed up by the correct DOM methods?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emrah BASKAYA" <emrahbaskaya@hesido.com>
To: "www-style.w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

> The things mentioned in this thread for transition effects are very
> strictly a scripting job. Drawing a line between basic required behaviour
> for accessibility (:hover), and eye-candy effects (opacity fade on hover)
> is actually very easy.
>
> I do understand the problem of having to put style related information
> right in the javascript, but these things are too heavy for CSS, IMHO:
> just because we don't want to update two files (css+javascript) instead of
> one shouldn't mean CSS should hold the burden of these behaviours.
> However, I do understand the problem of having to declare style in
> Javascript.

Main motivation:  I (as anyone else) would like to be able to disable/enable
transitions and similar effects in my UA.

Having animations defined in script does not allow me to implement this
feature on UA's level.

I would like for example to be able to stop any transitions (animations)
on GIFs, etc.

E.g. I implemented transition:image as a special case for
animated gif's/mng's. It gives two benefits:
1) allows to switch animation on/off for
particular GIF's, e.g.
   img { transition:none }
   img:hover { transition:image }
2) It makes possible to switch off/on all animation effects for the
whole view.

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com