RE: First Letter Styling for Indian languages

From: Steve Zilles <szilles@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 06:56:40 -0700
To: "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>, "'Jose'" <jose_stephen@cdactvm.in>, <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: <www-international@w3.org>
At 06:00 AM 5/5/2006, Richard Ishida wrote:
>Please see, in connection with this first-letter topic,
><http://www.w3.org/blog/International/2006/01/20/request_for_feedback_usefulness_of_first>http://www.w3.org/blog/International/2006/01/20/request_for_feedback_usefulness_of_first

Thank you for reminding me to send you some examples of first letter usage
in Hindi (see attached jpg's). These were taken from Hindi newspapers and
magazines that I picked up in India or had sent to me from India. From
these, it is clear the Initial Caps are used.

         Steve
Steve Zilles
115 Lansberry Court,
Los Gatos, CA 95032-4710