Web fonts

From: Jose <jose_stephen@cdactvm.in>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 18:29:11 +0530
To: <www-style@w3.org>

Hi all...
I'm jose Stephen from CDAC, India. Presently, doing some research on Web font technologies but on initial stage.
I'll be grateful to if you can help me in clarifying certain doubts regarding the basics of Web-fonts.
I've gone through the basic concepts but I failed to get the relevant information.My doubts are ....

Is the Web-font same as that of Dynamic-font?If it's not, which way it'll differ?
Can we convert OTF fonts to Webfonts?
Is it necessary to download the Web-font more than once for browsing different pages in the same site ?
Can you point me any good documents related to webfonts?
It will be very helpful if you clarify these doubts..