[CSS 3 counters] Dealing with <ol start=""> and <li value=""> ?

From: dolphinling <lists@dolphinling.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:09:07 -0400
To: W3C CSS List <www-style@w3.org>

The WHAT WG's WA1 draft brings back the start attribute on ordered lists
and introduces a value attribute on individual list items, and semantic
grouping of lists (saying two <ol></ol>s are in fact one list) is being
discussed. Unless I missed something in my (admittedly quick) reading,
the Counters section in both CSS 2.1 and CSS 3 seems insufficient to
deal with this.

I don't actually have any thoughts on how to solve it, but just wanted
to make sure it didn't get lost in the void.

--
dolphinling
<http://dolphinling.net/>