Re: [css3-gcpm] New WD: Generated Content for Paged Media

On Friday 16 June 2006 11:08, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> Yes. Hmm. It introduces a new problem, though: How do you set the
> size/resolution of the images?

The same way we are going to do it for urls in Content? ;)

>  > Another thing is that we might as well use it to replace the absurd
>  > number of new alphabets and number systems in the CSS3 list module. This
>  > only requires being able to set a type counter. The types could be:
>  > enumerate(default), numeric and alphabetic.
>  >
>  > This way I can define a danish alphabetic counter using:
>  > @counter-style danish
>  > alphabetic "a" "b" "c" "d" "e" "f" "g" "h" "i" "j" "k" "l" "m" "n" "o"
>  > "p" "q" "r" "s" "t" "u" "v" "x" "y" "z" "æ" "ø" "å"
>
> Why do you give it two names ("danish", "alphabetic"), isn't one
> enough (e.g., "danish-alphabetic")?

In this case alphabetic is the algorithm. The the declaration is
@counter-style <name> [<algorithm>]? [content]+

Alphabetic means that after the last declared content you take the first
twice "aa".

Numeric means that the first content is a 0, and you thereby start with the
second declared content.

Enumerate, the default, means that the style is invalid for numbers larger
than the number of content.

Other usefull declaration could by cycle and ideographic.

>  > One thing though we should consider if there should be some special
>  > requirements to custom names. This counts for both list-styles but also
>  > string sets. This is a avoid clashes with future extensions. One
>  > solution could be to require them to start with '-'.
>
> It looks ugly, though.

Another solution could be that a custom style should always be a string inside
quotes "". It's a custom so it's supposed to be ugly..

`Allan