Re: [CSSOM] @namespace at-rule proposal

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:02:22 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Based on limited testing I believe Mozilla uses CSSUnknownRule for it

Actually, Mozilla just uses CSSRule for the DOM representation of namespace
rules (as in, instanceof CSSUnknownRule is false), but .type returns
UNKNOWN_RULE for lack of anything better to return (since returning anything
else would not be forward-compatible with spec revisions).  We do similar things
for some other rules (e.g. @-moz-document).  Perhaps there should be a
CUSTOM_RULE value to be returned in such cases?

-Boris