Re: display: none

From: Alexander Christiaan Jacob <ego@acjs.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 18:28:38 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

 From <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#propdef-display>:

"This value causes an element to generate no boxes in the formatting
structure (i.e., the element has no effect on layout). Descendant
elements do not generate any boxes either; this behavior cannot be
overridden by setting the 'display' property on the descendants."

The following would do the trick:

:not(h4) { display: none }

Sincerly,

ACJ