Re: specificity and user style sheets

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:49:58 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Kevin,

similarly
body * {
has literally no effect due to specificity rules.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 1 Jun 2006, at 13:09, Kevin Lawver wrote:

You'd need to do:

body * {
    background:#000 !important;
    color:#fff !important;
}

to do what you're intending.

Kevin Lawver - "Web Standards Guy"
AIM | WSAG | W3C CSS and Web API Working Groups

Visit the watercooler: http://wsag.office.aol.com
Visit the playground: http://iamalpha.com