Re: [[css3-layout]] Cascading properties

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:41:23 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org

Le 25 juil. 06 à 03:42, Bert Bos a écrit :
> On Friday 21 July 2006 07:05, karl@w3.org wrote:
>> Hi,
>> This is a QA Review comment for "CSS3 Advanced Layout Module"
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-layout-20051215/
>> 2005-12-15
>> 1st WD
>>
>> About http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-layout-20051215/
>>
>> What's happening when something like that is written in the CSS?
>>
>> 	body > * { display: "ab"
>>                         "cd" }
>
> Not sure what the question is. All children of the body will be
> template
> elements. Presumably some of their children in turn will have
> 'position' properties, but if not, all that happens is that the right
> half of the window is unused (the 'a' slots in the template get
> content
> by virtue of being the default slot, the other slots remain empty.)

Interesting. I was wondering if it would generate a cascade difficult
to handle by browsers. A kind of fractal cascade, but it seems not
by your answer. Testing will be interesting when you will start to
design test cases.

Is there a repository already for CSS 3 Test Cases?

Thanks Bert!

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***