Re: [[css3-layout]] Examples in 3. Template-based positioning

Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> In which browser(s) should I be able to see this behaviour ?
> Mozilla 1.7.13 shews just "Example" (no " I"), whilst
> Internet Explorer 6.0.2900 shews neither "Example" not " I".

Counters (the "I" part) are definitely supported in Gecko as of version 1.8 (so
Firefox 1.5 or later, Seamonkey 1.0 or later, etc) and Opera since at least
version 7.5.  For Safari, I can't tell -- some of the documents on
developer.apple.com contradict each other, and the best way I can see to
reconcile them is that Safari 1.0 does not support counters, but some later
version added support.

Generated content (the "Example" part) is supported in Safari 1.0, and any Opera
and Gecko version that you'd sanely consider using.

IE/Windows has no support for either, as you noticed.  I'm not sure whether
IE/Mac supported them.

-Boris