[[css3-layout]] Redundancy with table model in CSS 2?

From: <karl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 05:05:51 -0000
To: www-style@w3.org

Hi,
This is a QA Review comment for "CSS3 Advanced Layout Module"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-layout-20051215/
2005-12-15
1st WD

About http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-layout-20051215/#declaring

When we first saw this document, we really thought that it was cool, then reading it, we realize that many things could be done with the CSS 2 property "display: table". In the section "3.1. Declaring templates: the 'display-model'  property", you are writing:

	"An element with this 'display-model' is similar to a table element."

and then you explain the difference with the table model. It will be good to explain a bit more in details, with an example stressing out what display: table can't do. In which ways, "display-model"" will make the life of people easier than using "display: table. Drawings will definitely improve the understanding.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***