Re: [Selectors], XSLT, and a browser's internal view of an xml document

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:09:58 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: Noah Scales <noahjscales@yahoo.com>, www-style@w3.org

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> STTS modifies the DOM.  CSS does not.  Selectors is just a selection
> mechanism.  I _really_ don't follow what your equality above means.

I'd like to remind the people reading this thread that Selectors are not
only used in STTS 3 as a selection mechanism !!! They are also used to
describe document fragments...

   div > p[align="center"].foo > span.important + span.warning

is, in STTS 3, also a flat description of

that can be used on the right-hand side of declarations.

In my mind, Selectors are MUCH more than a selection mechanism.

</Daniel>