[CSS21] ::first-line pseudo-element badly underspecified

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:26:20 -0600

Based on previous discussion [1], I think it's clear the ::first-line
pseudo-element is badly underspecified and further that there is no clear idea
how to specify it.  Given the state it's in, I don't think it's possible to
implement it interoperably.

Given that, I request that ::first-line be removed from the CSS2.1 specification
until such a time as it's better specified.

-Boris

P.S. My apologies for the two copies of the mail, but this is relevant to both
the CSS3 Selectors and CSS2.1 drafts and it wasn't clear to me that we wanted to
discuss both on the same thread.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2005Oct/0163.html