I18n comment: inheritance of :lang and |=

Comment from the i18n review of:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-selectors-20051215/

Comment 14
At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0601-css3-selectors/
Editorial/substantive: S
Location in reviewed document:
Sec. 6.6.3 [http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-selectors-20051215/#lang-pseudo]

Comment:
"in the same way as if performed by the '|=' operator in attribute selectors"

I think it is important to clarify that the behaviour of :lang and |= is significantly *different* with regards to inherited language values. This is not explained as far as I can see, but my understanding is that it is intended.

We explain this difference at
http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-css-lang#inheritance [http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-css-lang#inheritance]
, and to ensure interoperable implementations of :lang we feel that this needs to be clarified in the specification.