Re: ::inline Pseudo-Element

From: Ben Ward <benmward@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:38:55 +0000
To: Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On 1/17/06, Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix@gmail.com> wrote:
> The content property is restrictive.

Kelly, I certainly don't mean to deny that ::inside _could_ allow more
flexible usage than content for certain things, it's just that the
image replacement use case that Daniel suggests is already handled
elsewhere in CSS. A different use-case is needed.

You'll have to forgive me if I've got my threads cross somewhere, but
I'm confused about how ::background() relates to ::inside. Is it just
a case of thread mutation or is there a link between the two that I've
completely missed?

Cheers,
Ben