Re: [CSS21] text-decoration on replaced elements that "contain text"

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>> We're waiting for implementation experience. Just like we have been
>> every other time you've asked us how CSS applies to form controls in
>> the past couple of years. :-)
>
> Boris' feedback is probably that applying CSS to form controls is no fun
> at all without a specification that defines how to do that...

Unfortunately, if we wrote the spec without waiting for implementation
experience, his feedback would be that implementing a spec that doesn't
take into account the real world is even less fun.

Personally, I'd like to define it all in terms of XBL, thus removing most
of the issue by reducing it to a previously solved problem (CSS on an
arbitrary DOM tree).