Re: Selectors: section 6.5: Error

From: <leslie.brown@evidian.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:42:53 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
I'm just speculating here (not a developer)...

As multiple occurrences of the same ID indicate an error anyway, would a
pragmatic solution (in the sense of simplifying code)  be to use the LAST
one encountered?

This would be consistent with the deletion+insertion case mentioned
below...

> Physically, the determination could be done when the ID attribute is
> encountered in the initial parse or as the result of the deletion or
> insertion of an ID attribute (and possibly its containing element).

...and would possibly be closer to the author's intention when
"forgetting" to delete the original element before inserting an element
with a duplicate ID.

Les Brown