floats in absolute positioned block

From: Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:46:11 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Hello,

Browsers seem to be divided on interpreting this case:
  http://people.opera.com/rijk/test/shrinkwrap.html
(a left-floated and a right-floated block inside a aboslute positioned block, all without specified widths)

In my reading of the spec, this means all boxes should be shrinkwrapping, and there should not be any space between the two floats. But only Opera and Konqueror display it that way, MSIE and Firefox stretch the positioned DIV to use all available width. Am I missing something, is this a bug in Firefox and MSIE or in Opera and Konqueror?

--
            Get Opera 8 now! Speed, Security and Simplicity.

                                                    Rijk van Geijtenbeek
                                  Opera Software ASA, Documentation & QA
                                   Tweak: http://my.opera.com/Rijk/blog/