Re: [Selectors], XSLT, and a browser's internal view of an xml document

Hi Orion,

Orion Adrian wrote:
> As to your points about embedding CSS style attributes, CSS is best
> used when it's cascaded, yet another reason it would be somewhat silly
> to XMLize. Remember not everything needs to be in XML and not
> everything needs transformation services.
I almost completely agree with you - CSS is a *great* way to style up
semantically rich XML documents. The problem with CSS is that it can't
really be used to define animations, which means that JavaScript is
being used instead. I think it's important to seperate the
presentational behavior (show/hide content, fade in/out, etc.) from the
structural behavior (insert/remove/update content.) This will be
possible when (if) XBL becomes properly supported also in non-Gecko
browsers. I envision a world where JavaScript and the DOM or XBL is
being used to dynamically update the structure and content of a
document, while XBL and SMIL is being used for animations and CSS for
styling.

Cheers,
Daniel Schierbeck