Re: [BULK] - Re: [XHTML2] Spirit of "1.1.3. XHTML 2 and Presentation" (PR#7759)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:14:05 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:04:01 +0100, Paul Mitchell
<paul@paul-mitchell.me.uk> wrote:
>> Not really. Rendering usually starts after parsing. I can see that it
>> might give some problems for incremental parsers, but those problems
>> would  not be much different from a script inserting a style block when
>> the  parser is halfway...
>>
> I'm confused - perhaps we are using different words for the same thing.
> "Rendering usually starts after parsing". Which common UAs exhibit that
> behavour?

Mozilla does for XML documents. I believe most other UAs have an
incremental parser for XML, but that still does not make <?xml-stylesheet
href="#foo" ...?> some flawed concept. See also previous comments above.
UA can start rendering without applying the not yet retrieved style
sheet...

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>