[selectors] Attribute Selector Values Beginning with Digits

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:45:31 +1100
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Hi,
   For the attribute value selectors, is it required that values
beginning with digits must either be quoted or the first digit escaped?
  For example:

p#test1[title=0] { color: green; }
p#test2[title="0"] { color: green; }
p#test3[title=\30] { color: green; }

 From what I could find in the spec, it seemed to indicate that all
three tests are correct, but Mozilla, Opera, Safari and OmniWeb seem to
fail test 1 and pass tests 2 and 3, while the new IE7b2 and iCab pass
all three.  If I understand correctly, that would make IE7 and iCab
right and the others wrong.  Is that right?

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/