Re: [css3] Proposal

> John Oyler wrote:
>
>> A value of "pause" would cause an animation to pause at whatever frame
it happened to be at.

>> img:hover {
>>  animation: pause;
>> }
>>
>> This would cause a GIF/MNG to pause at whatever frame it happened to be
at, of particular use for those that are infinitely looped. While there

> To be honest, I think this should be DOM-based, not CSS-based.
>
> </Daniel>

Now that this has been mentioned, I'd like to shamelessly plug one of my
DOM scripting tutorials which does frame based animation. Of course it
doesn't use animated gif's or mng, hence for bigger animations the bigger
the file size, but still, you can do a lot of things with it, as one could
have total control over the animation (like reversing animation in the
middle of the animation, etc, as can be seen on the page)

The tutorial can be found at /web.php?page=animatedmenus on www hesido
com, and in the front page, you can see the technique applied to the
famous sliding doors technique on the top navigation.

Emrah Baskaya