Re: Web Fonts

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> Copyright is certainly an issue wrt. fonts. The name of a font can be
> copyrighted, However, the outline of glyphs isn't protected. You can
> -- in all relevant jurisdictions, I believe -- print out hi-res
> renditions, scan the printouts and generate new font files.

That seems backwards to me.  As far as I understand copyright issues,
you can't copyright a name of any sort, but you can trade mark it.
Considering that the glyphs are the actual artwork within the font, I
believe copyright would protect them, and so wouldn't copying them in
any way be a breach?

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/