Re: Selector for parent/predecessor?

Daniel,

Your point was that the idea of authors not being trusted with
features that might be inefficient was "not a philospohy", as I had
been asserting, but "a fact", based on the many iefficient and ugly
web web pages and sites.

My response was simply that it is irrelevant whether people want to
produce good web sites or bad--that's up to them, and the job of
standards bodies should be to provide functionality to be used by
authors, not set themselves up as some kind of priesthood.

But I do agree that is rhetorical. :)

Regards,

Mark

--