Re: XBL in CSS

fantasai wrote:
> I don't mind putting these bindings in a text/css file, but I would
> like to see them explicitly separated out from the rest of the CSS
> rules, perhaps in an @rule that is always placed before any regular
> CSS rules.
>
>   @import "foo";
>   @bindings {
>      input.special { binding: url("mybinding"); }
>   }

I somewhat agree with Ian that this adds too much complexity, but it has
given me an idea.

It would be useful to be able to import bindings from CSS, much like the
<?xbl?> PI does.  The benefit of this would be that, unlike the PI, it
could be used in HTML.  Presently, the only way to import a binding into
HTML is to call document.loadBindingDocument(...); in a script.

What about using this?

@binding url(/binding/example.xbl);
@binding "/binding/example.xbl"

Or perhaps just extending @import to support importing bindings.